Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are you Scared?

What are you scared of? Do you have a phobia?

I will share this about myself, I do not like scary movies. I used to be really scared of them until a good friend of mine forced me to see Saw II. I sat through the whole movie and at the end I understood why I didn't like them (scary movies). It wasn't that I was scared it was that they were disturbing and sickening. I am good on scary movies not that I am scared of them but I just don't want to put myself through all that garbage. If you love scary movies by all means please continue.



Now Jazmine Sullivan states that she is not afraid of Lions, Tigers and Bears. Her back up vocals ask what is she afraid of and she says to them "Nothing." As Christians we have been given a promise that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind, 2 Timothy 1:7. So if God hasn't given us the spirit of fear who has, the Devil. The devil has given us the spirit of fear and some of us are accepting it or receiving the gift of fear from him. The devil is the father of lies and he is lying to you if you believe you have to live in fear all your life. Some are afraid to love, some to fly, others to get on a boat. Stop living in fear and face them head on and tell them they have no hold on you. Those fears are stopping you from experiencing the good life. I used to be afraid to holla at girls, you know get there numbers. I am married now with a kid on the way, I faced my fears and released them, release yours today and be bold like Jazmine said.

Livin' out Loud
Bishop

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there thanks for the support. We really appreciate it. Tell your friends and pass it along.

    ReplyDelete